Pages

Saturday 29 January 2011

Pretty in Pink

Good morning peeps,
What a really cold and chilly morning it is here in the NW, although the sky is clear ..... where is the warmer weather? I've realised that I need to move my craft room - It is presently in the conservatory which is FREEZING at the moment hence the lack of cards!

Anyway the first card I have made this week is for the Sugar Bowl Challenge a sketch by Marie Therese. Now looking at the DT's cards, I wondered what I could do with the "wings" - so this is my interpretation of it:-
It took me ages to do all the layering etc. I got so engrossed in making it that I forgot to pick my daughter up from nursery (bad mommy), luckily I was only 5 minutes late and my daughter didn't mind but boy do I feel awful about it! Talk about legging it - I have never run as fast in my life (and what a state I probably looked running down the street lol).

A little stamping and colouring in the afternoon helping me to finish this card, I think she has forgiven me (she also loves crafting luckily), the only thing is that the sentiment was stuck down in the wrong place and to move it would ruin the papers, but as "M" wanted it there, who was I to argue with, especially today - hopefully it will still count.

Anyway that is it for now, got to go to Manchester to my nephew's 21st birthday bash.
Hope to see you soon,
Hugs.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah, what a beautiful card! The results are worth you getting carried away in the details. I can understand being late to pick up kids at daycare. Enjoy the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah this is awesome what a stunning design and I love that image this is a superb card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhhh slap on the legs Mummy lol...stunning card Sarah, the layers were so worth the time and effort, its gorgeous
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! It was really made with love... I am sorry you were late to pick up your little one though. Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sarah.
    This is one of my favourite Sassy images, and I love the colours and papers.
    You did a fab job with the wingy thingies....much more so than I did!

    I know what you mean about being engrossed in your crafting, I can lose a full day in my craft room if given half a chance!

    Thanks for playing in the Sugar Bowl challenge.

    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate them.